Over the past few weeks I have noticed a severe internet issue in our area. On investigating I can see that at 1am in the morning the 631557 ID tower is turning off. Sometimes it comes back after a few minutes, other times not. Regardless, its been the same over the past three nights.
Is there any work being carried out on this cell? If not can it please be looked into and fixed?
Separately, does Elisa now offer public IPv4 over 4g or is it still a pay for service?
Vastauksen tähän kysymykseen jakoi irritus
Elisa saves energy by turning some of the high frequency bands off during the night. Typically this is 1800, 2100 or 2600 MHz. Low frequency bands 700 and 800 MHz should not be affected. Depending on the equipment used at the basestation, this is done either by a timer or dynamically based on the amount of traffic the basestation gets.
Have you locked your router to a specific frequency band? Try leaving band selection to auto and see, if this settings works for your location and equipment.
If your location has heavy use during night, 700 and 800 MHz bands may get congested and your connection speed may plummet.
Some routers may have problems finding the high frequency bands again in the morning, thus getting stuck on congested low frequency bands until a reboot.
If you have a narrow bandwidth outdoor antenna, you won’t be able to connect to frequency bands your antenna does not support.
Should you have any of the last three mentioned problems, send a private message to user OmaYhteisö-tiimi on this forum or contact the customer service. They can disable power saving at your location.
Public ip address for mobile broadband, Julkinen IP-osoite supplementary service, is now available at no extra cost. However, you still have to order the service separately.
Instructions in Finnish can be found by scrolling the following page down to section Haluan käyttööni julkisen (vaihtuvan) IP-osoitteen. Miten saan sen käyttööni? and opening it up.
- Log on to Oma Elisa self service portal. You will need either Elisa Tunnus or Mobile ID.
- On Oma Elisa, choose the mobile broadband number you wish to order the public ip addess for. Click Lisäpalvelut, supplemental services, tab open and order Julkinen IP-osoite, public ip address.
- Public (dynamic) ip address service enables a new APN internet4 besides the typically used internet APN.
- Change your device’s APN setting over to internet4, so that the device will get a public ip address on 2G/3G/4G/5G networks.
- Set your mobile router to deliver the incoming traffic to the devices you have in your LAN by defining port forwarding.
If your router uses connection profiles, please note that editing factory preset profiles might not be possible. Using such a router, create a new profile with APN internet4. Other settings can be left as default, username and password should be left blank.